none
SSIS on-premise flat files to AZURE blobcontainer - file share RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to read/write to file in azure fileshare using SSIS package from development system. I can read/write when I execute the package from my development system, it works fine and writes to CSV file. I am using flatfile destination and connectionstring is

\\xxx.file.core.windows.net/xxxfileshare/ErrorLog.csv. I am deploying to Integration Services Catalog, then I am running the package from ADF using excute package pipeline. Here I am getting error saying unable to find file. How do I refer the file which is in Azure fileshare from SSIS.

Thanks

Ratan

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:26 PM

All replies

• @Ratan99 Can you share the screenshot of the error message and elaborate more on the issue?

Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:20 PM
  • Hi Sumanth

1.Please find below error, I gave settings in SSIS for flat file destination , connection manager as

\\blog.file.core.windows.net\rdfileshare\rdErrors\stgOperatorError.txt

. I deploy below package to AZURE SSISDB in SSIS Catalog.  When I run package in visual studio in my development system. It works fine. But when I run the package USING execute_ssispackage pipeline and on running the pipeline with trigger ,it fails to run with below error 

"SsisDBOperationGuid": "6829f9c3-0e28-4221-8c8c-18b7003ff849",

"SsisDBOperationId": 66,
        "OperationErrorMessages": "11/14/2019 11:53:35 PM +00:00 : Package:Error: The file name \"\\\\blog.file.core.windows.net\\rdfileshare\\stgOperatorError.txt\" specified in the connection was not valid.\r\n\n11/14/2019 11:53:35 PM +00:00 : Package:Error: Connection \"Flat File Connection Manager\" failed validation.\r\n\n11/14/2019 11:53:35 PM +00:00 : Package:Error: The file name \"\\\\rdblog.file.core.windows.net\\rdfileshare\\Top250Movies1.csv\" specified in the connection was not valid.\r\n\n",
        "effectiveIntegrationRuntime": "integrationRuntimetest (UK South)",
        "executionDuration": 12,
        "durationInQueue": {
            "integrationRuntimeQueue": 0
        }

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:04 AM
  • @Ratan99 Apologies for the delay response here! I would request you please refer to the suggestion mentioned in this article

Just for better understanding: Once you've got that setup, the first step in your package will first run an Execute process Task. This Task should be configured so that it runs a simple batch file (bat) that reconnects to the file share you setup in Azure File Storage. Here is a basic example of what would be in this batch file:

if not exist e:\*

net use e: \\<storageAccountName>.file.core.windows.net\<fileContainerName> /u:<storageAccountName> <primary access key for storage account>

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site.Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Thank you Sumanth, I will try your solution. I think that will solve the issue. 

• Edited by Ratan99 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:27 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:26 PM
  • @Ratan99 Sure,  Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:45 PM
  • Hi Sumanth,

I tried your solution, sorry it didn't work. I will explain you what I want to do, I want to  copy from OLEDB database source table  TO Flatfiledestination "\\xxx.file.core.windows.net/xxxfileshare/ErrorLog.csv"  from Visual Studio SSIS.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:26 AM