none
Reviewing SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) backup Commnad RRS feed

• Question

• Need to understand below Analysis Services (SSAS) backup Command for Cubes. I am the new SQL Admin and previous Admin setup this local SSAS Backup and I don't know what this website and password means here. Now when I am trying to move this backup to a network location and getting error "wrong username or password" therefore need to know the purpose of this website and password here so that I can setup accordingly . Any help is appreciated ?

<Backup xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/analysisservices/2003/engine">
      <Object>
        <DatabaseID>Our Data Cube</DatabaseID>
      </Object>
      <File>F:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS14.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Backup\FULL\Our Data Cube_BK\Our Data Cube_BK.abf</File>
      <AllowOverwrite>true</AllowOverwrite>
      <Password>abcd12345</Password>
    </Backup>

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Bundoo,

Thanks for your question.

>>Now when I am trying to move this backup to a network location and getting error "wrong username or >>password" therefore need to know the purpose of this website and password here so that I can setup >>accordingly .

The password here is used to encrypt or decrypt a backup file when you login onto SSAS instance by using current account.

Password Element (XMLA)

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:14 AM
  • Sorry for late response...Thanks for the password help ..really appreciated  

Currently SSAS Backups are sitting locally which is not safe and I want to move this backup to Cloud - Azure fileshare location but getting error "wrong username or password". How I can make SSAS access Azure network drive ? 

Monday, December 2, 2019 4:37 PM
  • I have already used net use cmd on SSMS and all my database engine backups are being dumped at Azure file share but SSAS module could not access Cloud by using same User ID and PW within same SSMS Console 
    Monday, December 2, 2019 4:48 PM
  • Sorry for late response...Thanks for the password help ..really appreciated  

Currently SSAS Backups are sitting locally which is not safe and I want to move this backup to Cloud - Azure fileshare location but getting error "wrong username or password". How I can make SSAS access Azure network drive ? 

Hi Bundoo,

Thanks for your reply.

For how to get access permission of Azure network drive, you need to submit your questions to Azure forum for professional help. But I could give you some direction, you need to make sure that your windows account is the domain account, and azure is also in the domain.

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/azure-ad-domain-services.html

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:55 AM
  • I have already used net use cmd on SSMS and all my database engine backups are being dumped at Azure file share but SSAS module could not access Cloud by using same User ID and PW within same SSMS Console 

Hi Bundoo,

Engine Backups is executed as service account, not login account. But for the password part is different between the two services. Therefore, there is no comparability.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:05 AM