An internal error occured. Please retry the operation after some time. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am trying to replicate from vCenter to Azure using the new version of Azure Migrate, and after going through the motion of filling all the required resources (Region, RG, Subnet, etc.), selecting the compute and storage type, once I hit the "replicate" button, after a few seconds it gives me "An internal error occured. Please retry the operation after some time." 
    I tried this numerous times, to no avail. Searching the web does not yield any results. Has anyone come across this issue? Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Friday, August 23, 2019 11:46 PM

All replies

• Are you using Azure Site Recovery or Azure Migrate?

Could you please share the Microsoft documentation you're referring to?

Also, provide more details of your current set up (On-premise) and what you're trying to accomplish?

Monday, August 26, 2019 1:35 PM
  • Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. We need the above requested information to understand/investigate this issue further.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:43 PM
  • If user is not an owner on the subscription, you might get this error. Could you check your permissions?
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hi, can you please suggest how to fix it? Having same issues with Migrate. I am not the owner of the subscription and have access to only 1 resource group where I am replicating these servers from vCenter.

If I am made a co-administrator, would this resolve this issue?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

• Edited by s-laniakea Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:23 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:11 PM
  • Quote from the link - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/rbac-and-directory-admin-roles

"The Co-Administrator has the equivalent access of a user who is assigned the Owner role at the subscription scope." 

That being said, Co-Admin permission should help resolving this issue.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:23 AM