none
does making replica to stand alone MySQL database to a different zone has support in large-storage-preview ? RRS feed

• Question

• i tried to move my database from one zone to another because my zone (south India) does not have support in large-storage-preview , i created a replica in Southeast Asia which does has support in large-storage-preview , then i delete my original database in south India , after that i look in price tier in the portal and the Storage still does not shown the large-storage-preview  capabilities (more iops) , can i maybe do it only via AZURE CLI ? or that this will not be supported because my master database was in a region without support in large-storage-preview 

Sunday, October 6, 2019 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

I think you are correct as Microsoft documented this as a limitation.

Means:-

The large storage preview currently does not support:

• Geographically redundant backups
    • Cross region replication

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:31 AM
  • i tried to move my database from one zone to another because my zone (south India) does not have support in large-storage-preview , i created a replica in Southeast Asia which does has support in large-storage-preview , then i delete my original database in south India , after that i look in price tier in the portal and the Storage still does not shown the large-storage-preview  capabilities (more iops) , can i maybe do it only via AZURE CLI ? or that this will not be supported because my master database was in a region without support in large-storage-preview 

Not Supported!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:19 PM