The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure DevTest Labs!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Unable to create a single node single vCPU AKS with trial subscription RRS feed

All replies

• Hello llkin, 

I believe the error should caused by your Cores Quota Limit. You need to check your limit by going to Subscription--> Usage + quotas of Azure Portal to check the limit about specific region you would like to work on.

BasicallyvCPU Quotas for VMs scale sets are enforced at two tiers for each subscription, in each region. The first tier is the Total Regional vCPUs limit (across all VM Series), and the second tier is the per VM Series vCPUs limit. If you exceed either of these, you will not be allowed to do VM deployment.

On the Usages + quotas page, you can search the current quota of your chosen region by using the filters displayed in the page. And you will see current usage and quota limit values are displayed at the end of the row as displayed in below screenshot.

If you would like to increase the Cores Limit to finish your deployment, click on the upper right button 'Request Increase' in the Usage + Quota Page as shown in above screenshot. Please feel free to go through the below document for a detailed steps: Increase Cores Limit

Hope this information helps. 

Thanks.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:58 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Monika,

The thing is I have just signed up for Trial. Never created any resources at all.

The quotes page says I have no quotes and I can not increase due to subs being trial. "Your free trial subscription isn't eligible for a quota increase." 

http://imgur.com/a/Smjv1me

I am stuck as even Azure support chat fobbed me off. 

Regards, Ilkin

Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:59 PM
  • Hello llkin, 

Unfortunately based on the below article, it is mentioned that for Free Trial you will not be able to request for quota increase. But I am working with internal teams to find out if there is any other alternatives. I will keep this thread updated if I have any updates. Thank you for your patience. 

Increase Quota Limit

Regards,

Monika. 

Monday, September 30, 2019 5:42 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Monika,

But why do I need to increase it if I haven't used any vCPU and trying to create a single node cluster with a VM with 1 vCPU?

Regards, Ilkin

Monday, September 30, 2019 6:08 PM
  • Hello llkin, 

Thank you for your reply. I am able to see a similar issue while creating a DevOps project with AKS particularly in the scope of free trial subscription, and I am trying to further investigate it with my internal team. Will keep you posted once I have any further updates. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

However, I am able to create a DevOps Project by selecting Service Fabric Cluster. I would request you to try with this option and let me know if it works for you. 

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 1:10 AM
    Owner
  • Hello llkin,

First of all, Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We really appreciate your time on this.

To further proceed with your issue, We're going to need some account information to take it further.  Please send an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com  with your Subscription details and a link to this thread so we can verify and direct the request accordingly. We'll continue to investigate this with you directly and will update the thread with any findings that may help others.

Thank you.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:19 PM
    Owner