none
Write data from azure to Teradata using Azure Databricks RRS feed

• Question

• I need to write back my data to Teradata from Azure Databricks..is it possible to do? if yes can you provide some useful links on achievening it..

Arun

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Although I never tested this, it seems to be possible.

We can connect to Tera Data using JDBC from Azure Databricks. I think following threads & blogs would be useful.

val jdbcDF = sqlContext.load("jdbc", Map(
      "url" -> "jdbc:teradata://<server_name>, TMODE=TERA, user=my_user, password=*****",
      "dbtable" -> "schema.table_name", // here also can be select query
      "driver" -> "com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver"))

https://docs.azuredatabricks.net/data/data-sources/sql-databases.html#step-1-check-that-the-jdbc-driver-is-available

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:10 PM
  • This forum is for Azure Stack, a hybrid cloud platform that lets you use Azure services from your company's or service provider's datacenter.

Azure Databricks is no longer supported in MSDN.  The best place to ask questions is on StackOverflow using the Azure-Databricks tag.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:43 PM
  • Hi

Just checking in to see if my initial reply helped or you still facing any issues.

If my initial reply answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:37 AM
  • Thanks Kumar for the response. I actually discussed with Microsoft team and they said currently its not possible to write data to Teradata from Azure Databricks.

Arun

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:20 AM