none
Usage Tracking for Azure Machine Learning Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

Is it possible to collect usage tracking (user activity log) in Azure Machine Learning Studio ? Because we want to understand how many and how much they use Azure ML Studio.

Regards,

Keita

Friday, September 27, 2019 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hello Keita,

Sorry for the confusion, the first case is about Azure ML workspace. Currently studio does not support tracking except managing users through an invite. 

In the second case also I was referring to the Azure machine learning workspace. All future releases will now integrate visual interface of machine learning(studio) with the machine learning workspace resource.

-Rohit

• Marked as answer by keonabut Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:16 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Keita,

To generate the metrics regarding usage/actions of specific steps by a user in the machine learning studio workspace is currently not possible. However you can manage users to a workspace by defining custom roles and assigning them to a workspace and then track the user/studio resource activity log/audit logs. 

In the case of Azure machine learning workspace you can use Azure monitor to pull activity logs of actions performed on the workspace. The future releases of azure machine learning will have the visual interface(studio) integrated with Azure machine machine learning workspace portal  which would allow tracking user activity at the workspace level from the monitor service and thereby track usage of the visual interface service of the workspace.

-Rohit

• Marked as answer by keonabut Monday, September 30, 2019 3:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by keonabut Monday, September 30, 2019 4:01 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Thank you, Rohit. I was a little confused.

However you can manage users to a workspace by defining custom roles and assigning them to a workspace and then track the user/studio resource activity log/audit logs. 

-> Is it about Azure ML Studio ? 

In the case of Azure machine learning workspace you can use Azure monitor to pull activity logs of actions performed on the workspace. 

-> Is it about Azure ML Studio ?

Regards,

Keita

Monday, September 30, 2019 4:06 PM
  • Hello Keita,

Sorry for the confusion, the first case is about Azure ML workspace. Currently studio does not support tracking except managing users through an invite. 

In the second case also I was referring to the Azure machine learning workspace. All future releases will now integrate visual interface of machine learning(studio) with the machine learning workspace resource.

-Rohit

• Marked as answer by keonabut Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:16 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Thanks, Rohit. I understand Azure  ML workspace is Azure ML service Workspace strictly speaking.

Regards,

Keita

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:16 PM