none
Redis Cache : Incompatibility between NodeJs and .Net Core RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with implementation of Redis.

When i send an object to Azure Redis Cache with NodeJs, i can't recover it by my .net core Api and vice versa. Is there any method in Node and .net core which can handle this incompatibility please? Which method can i use in Node and .net core to send data by the one and recover it by the other?

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:28 PM

All replies

• Since you have not posted the code or error message, I believe that you are most probably running into the Object conversion error.

You will need to serialize your Object before saving and de-serialize after retrieving.

There are several node.js clients for Redis. Here is a sample using the node_redis client.

async function demo() {

// Connect to the Azure Cache for Redis over the SSL port using the key.
        var cacheConnection = redis.createClient(6380, process.env.REDISCACHEHOSTNAME, 
            {auth_pass: process.env.REDISCACHEKEY, tls: {servername: process.env.REDISCACHEHOSTNAME}});

console.log("\nCache command: SET Message");
        console.log("Cache response : " + await cacheConnection.setAsync("Message",JSON.stringify(YOUROBJECT)));    

}

demo();

Now using the StackExchange.Redis client for .NET Core

static void Main(string[] args) { InitializeConfiguration(); // Connection refers to a property that returns a ConnectionMultiplexer // as shown in the previous example. IDatabase cache = lazyConnection.Value.GetDatabase(); cacheCommand = "GET Message"; Console.WriteLine("\nCache command : " + cacheCommand + " or StringGet()");

// Get Object from Cache

YOUROBJECTCLASS objectFromCache = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<YOUROBJECTCLASS>(cache.StringGet("Message"));

lazyConnection.Value.Dispose(); }

There is a code sample here

Please let me know if that works for you.

-

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:17 PM