none
Storsimple Physical Array Manager from EA to CSP subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that StorSimple physical appliances can only be used on an EA subscription. As a Direct CSP, my company is helping a lot of customers migrate from EA to CSP because of all the value added capabilities with CSP vs EA. The problem is that if a customer has a physical StorSimple device (which means they have to be on an Azure EA subscription), we cannot even connect that physical applicance to a CSP subscription - even if we could, there is no way to migrate the StorSimple data from one subscription to another.

So, what I'm looking for is: 
    1) How to connect existing StorSimple physical appliance to CSP Azure subscription or CSP Storage Account
    2) Any method to procure a new StorSimple physical appliance with a CSP Azure susbcription
    3) How to migrate StorSimple data from existing Azure EA subscription to a CSP Azure Subscription
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Arsalaan,

Thanks for posting here !

To  migrate the Azure subscriptions and storage account associated with the STORSIMPLE. Please refer here for step by step instructions to understand which of these scenarios are supported.

For migrating the Azure subscription from Enterprise agreement to Cloud solution provider, you can refer the guide lines mentioned in the article here.

I would recommend you to check the following FAQ for Storsimple Cloud Solutions provider.

You can visit the StorSimple in CSP forum to get answers to some commonly asked questions. You would need to join the Azure Advisors Yammer group first. Next search for and join the group - StorSimple Partner Advisors.

Kindly, Let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Friday, March 1, 2019 5:59 AM
  • @Arsalaan  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, March 25, 2019 8:50 AM