none
WebResource.axd and ScriptResource.axd 404 error

Question

• We have a website compiled in .net 4.5 which works locally and on other customers web servers in IIS 6 and 7, but we have just tried running it from a website we set up on Azure and when we run the website we are having problems with the script manager and ajax loading the WebResource.axd and ScriptResource.axd, giving a 404 Error. We have searched the internet and added various things into the web.config which have been suggested i.e adding to the handlers section but are still experiencing the same issues? The website is running in 32 bit, classic mode, if we change the platform to 64 bit it works but this is obviously not a great solution as in order to run in 64 bit you need to run as Standard mode which has significant cost implications.

I have been in dialog with Rakki Muthukamar (who has all the details) but because we are running in Shared mode he can no longer help?
    Please could you look into why our website does not run in 32 bit mode.
    Thanks

Monday, February 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Answers

• We are looking into this issue. I was able to reproduce the problem, and was able to solve the problem by just adding the below configuration in the web.config file:

<system.webServer>

<handlers>

<add name="AXD-ISAPI-4.0_32bit" path="*.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

</handlers> 

</system.webServer>

If you already have a <system.webServer> section, then only place this handler in the section. Please let me know if this is going to solve the problem.
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:23 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• We are looking into this issue. I was able to reproduce the problem, and was able to solve the problem by just adding the below configuration in the web.config file:

<system.webServer>

<handlers>

<add name="AXD-ISAPI-4.0_32bit" path="*.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

</handlers> 

</system.webServer>

If you already have a <system.webServer> section, then only place this handler in the section. Please let me know if this is going to solve the problem.
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:23 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Rakki,

I placed the above code suggested by you, but its generates error

Config Source:

42: <add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode" /> 43: <add name="AXD-ISAPI-4.0_32bit" path="*.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" /> 44: </handlers>

Please help me....I need to fix this issue.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:37 AM