none
Exclude Recommendations? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Azure Community,

I am wondering if it's possible to exclude Azure Security Center recommendations from showing up. Such as under a test environment as an example in my MSDN I have it showing "Apply disk encryption on your virtual machines". Is there a way to exclude this or ignore it so it stops showing up as a recommendation?

I have customer environments that I would like to correct the Security Score more so and removing such recommendations would help with that if possible. I don't plan to enable disk encryption and a few other recommendations.

Any help is always appreciated

Cheers

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hi LukeUhren,

I do not think you can hide these recommendations, however, you can use Azure Policies to define policies for your Azure subscriptions and tailor them to your needs based on the sensitivity of your data. These recommendations are actually driven by Azure Security center security policies. Azure Security Center automatically assigns its built-in security policy on each subscription.  To view your security policy in Security Center select Security Policy in Security Center Dashboard and you can see management groups, subscriptions and workspaces in the Policy Management screen.

You can edit the policies in Azure if you are an owner, contributor or security administrator of the subscriptions or the management group.  You can edit security policies through the Azure portal, using Azure Policy's REST API or using PowerShell.  Please refer to Working with security policies for details.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi LukeUhren,

I do not think you can hide these recommendations, however, you can use Azure Policies to define policies for your Azure subscriptions and tailor them to your needs based on the sensitivity of your data. These recommendations are actually driven by Azure Security center security policies. Azure Security Center automatically assigns its built-in security policy on each subscription.  To view your security policy in Security Center select Security Policy in Security Center Dashboard and you can see management groups, subscriptions and workspaces in the Policy Management screen.

You can edit the policies in Azure if you are an owner, contributor or security administrator of the subscriptions or the management group.  You can edit security policies through the Azure portal, using Azure Policy's REST API or using PowerShell.  Please refer to Working with security policies for details.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:40 AM
  • Please let me know if you find above reply useful. If yes, do click on 'Mark as answer' link in above reply. This will help other community members facing similar query to refer to this solution. Thanks.
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 1:37 AM
  • Hi Luke,

Just checking in to see if you found the above reply helpful. If so, please remember to "mark as answer" so that others in the community facing similar problems can more easily find a solution.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 11:36 PM