none
Copying From Self-hosted IR SQL Server to Azure DataLake Gen 2 in Parquet files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I have a client who is a self-host integration runtime SQL Server. I am copying from the client to my Azure DataLake Gen 2. I I follow the instructions on this page,  as setting the type to 'Parquet' for the Dataset properties and setting the type to 'ParquetSink' for the Copy Activity's properties.

However, I am getting this error message: "Failure happened on 'Sink' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorJreNotFound,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Java Runtime Environment could not be found.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common,''Type=System.DllNotFoundException,Message=Unable to load DLL 'jvm.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E),Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Richfile.HiveOrcBridge,'".

The error message said that it is on the sink side, but after reading this article, do I need to install Java RunTime on the client side?

• Edited by bellowman Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:41 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2019 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Bellowman,

When copying from a Self Hosted IR SQL server to Azure Data Lake Gen2 in Parquet format, ADF locates the JAVA runtime by firstly checking the registry (SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\{Current Version}\JavaHome) for JRE, if not found, secondly checking system variable JAVA_HOME for OpenJDK.

To make your solution work, 64 bit JRE (for 64 bit IR) needs to be installed on the client side. 

Please refer to this doc to know more about using Self-hosted Integration Runtime for Parquet format.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:50 AM

All replies