none
Content in section 3.1.5.5 of the MS-OXOCNTC document seems out of date. RRS feed

• General discussion

•  The "Modifying an Event Property" section of the MS-OXOCNTC document states the following:

When the PidTagBirthday property or the PidLidBirthdayLocal property is updated, the client SHOULD update the Appointment object associated with this contact's birthday (PidLidBirthdayEventEntryId property) to match the time specified in the PidTagBirthday property. If no Appointment object has been created, the client SHOULD create an Appointment object, save the Appointment object's EntryID to the PidLidBirthdayEventEntryId property, and link the Appointment object to the Contact object by using the PidLidContactLinkEntry ([MS-OXCMSG] section 2.2.1.57.1), PidLidContactLinkSearchKey ([MS-OXCMSG] section 2.2.1.57.4), and PidLidContactLinkName ([MS-OXCMSG] section 2.2.1.57.3) properties, as specified in [MS-OXCMSG] section 2.2.1.57.

When I add a birthday to a contact in Outlook and look at the properties of the generated event in the Birthday Calendar, the event does not contain any of the highlighted properties that are supposed to be linking the event back to the contact.

Instead, the event does contain these properties:

• PidNameBirthdayContactAttributionDisplayName
    • PidNameBirthdayContactPersonGuid
    • PidNameBirthdayContactEntryId
    • PidNameIsBirthdayContactWritable

These properties seem to have replaced the properties referenced in the documentation, however none of these properties are referenced in the documentation. The MS-OXPROPS document has no mention of them at all.

Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Bill,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:30 PM
  • Hi Bill, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will check out the details and confirm and then file the required bug against our documentation to get them added.  Can you tell me which versions of Exchange and Outlook you are working with and which version of the documentation you are referencing?

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:17 PM
  • Bill, 

I've confirmed that the PidLidContactLink* properties you mention are not in a birthday event added by Outlook but I don't know how you found the names you list as existing properties. Did you see these in MFCMAPI? If so can you show me the screen shot for these so I can get the id's? Or if you can just provide the id's and types you see, that should be enough.

Thanks,

Tom

Thursday, February 7, 2019 11:30 PM
  • Hi Bill,

I've not heard back from you. Knowing the versions of Exchange and Outlook being used will help greatly here. 

I do see some reference to these but need to verify which product versions in which you observed.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Saturday, February 16, 2019 12:38 AM