The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

I have trouble migrating my site to Azure from Siteground RRS feed

• Question

• I created my resource group and everything I need in it so that I may move the nameservers of my domain over from SiteGround to Azure. I have followed the method closely before and found that it worked just fine. This time is different and despite following the same method, I get a connection issue. I spoke with an Azure Tech Support guy and he said that he found no gaps in my Resource Group setup, but the problem still persists.

How can I successfully migrate my website if the nameservers alone aren't enough?

Monday, September 16, 2019 4:52 PM

All replies

• I created my resource group and everything I need in it so that I may move the nameservers of my domain over from SiteGround to Azure. I have followed the method closely before and found that it worked just fine. This time is different and despite following the same method, I get a connection issue. I spoke with an Azure Tech Support guy and he said that he found no gaps in my Resource Group setup, but the problem still persists.

How can I successfully migrate my website if the nameservers alone aren't enough?

What is the connection issues you are experiencing?

It to do with connecting to your database OR an API etc?

If you have any screenshots, please attach them here.

Thanks

Craig

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:21 PM
  • Hi Reshare_inc,

Is there a specific documentation you're following to migrate your site to Azure? What error are you getting when trying to migrate your site? 

Thanks,

Grace

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:49 PM
  • As Craig and Grace mentioned, kindly provide more details on your scenario to assist you better on this topic.

Just to provide you a good understanding on hosting website on Azure. Azure offers several ways to host websites: Azure App Service WebApps (PAAS solution), Virtual Machines (IAAS), Service Fabric and Cloud Services. You can leverage the service that best suits your requirement.

I suggest you take a look at the criteria and flow chart, weigh the platform strengths based on your organizational requirement and then chose the best platform.
    Treat this flowchart as a starting point. Every application has unique requirements, so use the recommendation as a starting point. Then perform a more detailed evaluation:

Criteria for choosing an Azure compute service Decision tree for Azure compute services

Azure App Service – More details: Migration checklist -Migration checklist when moving to Azure App Service

Checkout the supported and unsupported configuration on App Service and migration Migrate your .NET web app or service to Azure App Service

The Migration assistant tool - The App Service Migration Assistant is designed to simplify your journey to the cloud migrate (This tool only supports .Net and PHP as of today) from on-premises to the cloud. Use the tool to run readiness checks and general assessment of your app’s configuration settings, then migrate your app or site to Azure App Service via the tool.
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 11:44 AM