file storage: connectivity issues with Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am trying to connect to smb3.0 file storage using below command. 

I keep getting timeout error

mount_smbfs -d 777 -f 777 //<storagename>:<key1>@<storagename>.file.core.windows.net <mount point folder name>

Saturday, May 30, 2020 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi mswadk,

Are you able to reach the storage account via port 445? Very often the source of issues with mounting Azure file shares is that your ISP or organization's network blocks outbound port 445. I don't have a Mac handy, but I believe in the past I was successfully able to test this with the nc command:

nc -zvw3 storageaccount.file.core.windows.net 445

Remember to replace "storageaccount" with your actual storage account name. If this is successful you should see something like the following:

Connection to <your-storage-account> 445 port [tcp/microsoft-ds] succeeded!

(Likely your network adapter will look different since you're on a Mac - I ran this command on a Linux VM within Azure.)

If you do not get back a success result, this means port 445 is blocked. If this is the case, you will need to use
    a setup a VPN to tunnel around block port. I suggest starting with the following guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-files-networking-overview.

If you have further questions, or this issue doesn't appear to be a port 445 related issue, don't hesitate to reach out to AzureFiles@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Will Gries
    Program Manager, Azure Files

Saturday, May 30, 2020 10:11 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, June 1, 2020 8:25 AM
  • @mswadk Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:34 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, June 8, 2020 9:06 AM