none
services not list in sql config mgr RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

On one of the sql server machine, when I open the sql server configuration manager, I am not able to see sql server services.

But if I open start->run->services.msc, I can see the services there. Why It is not showing up in SQL Server Configuration Manager, Anyone faced it ?

SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Thanks,

Sam

Friday, December 6, 2019 9:48 AM

Answers

• Can you check if you have multiple versions of SQL Server and you are trying to look about higher version services in lower versions SSCM, I loosely remember to face same thing before. Like if you have SQL Server 2017 and you are looking in SQL Server 2012 SSCM.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

• Marked as answer by Samantha v Saturday, December 7, 2019 7:00 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 11:23 AM

All replies

• It should be fine as long as they show up in services.msc. 

You may check out the solution in here:
    Why is SQL Server Configuration Manager Missing Services

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Friday, December 6, 2019 11:08 AM
  • Can you check if you have multiple versions of SQL Server and you are trying to look about higher version services in lower versions SSCM, I loosely remember to face same thing before. Like if you have SQL Server 2017 and you are looking in SQL Server 2012 SSCM.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

• Marked as answer by Samantha v Saturday, December 7, 2019 7:00 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 11:23 AM
  • That would be my guess as well. For some reason, two versions os SSCM can be installed, and one need to be careful to run the most recent.

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP (Web Blog)

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:20 PM