Administrator for Azure Analysis Services RRS feed

• Question

• I have my azure account from Microsoft account. I'm trying to create an analysis service in Portal, but I'm failing at it because it doesn't accept my microsoft account as administrator for service.

Could you help me understand what kind of administrator I need? And so, how can I get it?

Thank you in advance

Eliana

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Elina,

Thanks for reaching out. Please refer to Authentication, Roles sections in below AAS document to explore more about AAS authentication. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-overview#authentication

User authentication is handled by Azure Active Directory (AAD). When logging in, users use an organization account identity with role-based access to the database. User identities must be members of the default Azure Active Directory for the subscription that the server is in. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further query.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:59 AM
  • Hi Unic_Orn,

Just checking in to see if the above information was helpful. If this answers your query, please do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote, as it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

In case if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:50 PM
  • Hi there, 

Just checking in to see if the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, do let us know. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, March 13, 2020 7:03 PM