The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure DevTest Labs!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
DevTest Labs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is DevTest Labs available with US Government CSP offering?

Per the document it doesn't seem like it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-solution-provider/overview/azure-csp-available-services

Also, can you share the scenarios where I should not use DevTest Labs?

Best,

TIA TP

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hello, TP73!

DevTest Labs and Azure Government CSP

While DevTest Labs is available in Azure Government, there is currently not a US Government CSP (Cloud Solution Provider) offering.  We can add this as a feature request to our backlog if there is interest.

When Should I Use DevTest Labs?

DevTest Labs is primarily built for Development, Test, and training scenarios but is not recommended for Production workloads.   Additionally, I would spend some time looking over security levels and permissions if that is important to your solution.

I hope that helps!

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Thanks, Does Devtest Labs support containers?

I am looking for the DevTest Lab limitations...

TIA TP

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:50 AM
  • Yes, you can user containers with DevTest Labs.  There's an article by Daniel Neumann you may find helpful if this is something you are interested in.

In addition, I'm updating my previous answer to the "When should I not use DevTest Labs?" question.  DevTest Labs is primarily built for Development, Test, and training scenarios but is not recommended for Production workloads.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:33 AM
  • We can add a feature request for a DevTest Labs US Government CSP offering to our backlog.  Would you be able to tell us more about your scenario and what you do?
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:34 PM
  • I am a bit confused with the fancy names; Azure Government vs US Government. Can you explain the difference?

I have a CSP offer supposed to be a US Government offering. While parsing through the available services for CSP, I noticed DevTest Labs is not supported for US Government. However, if I go to All Services , I see it under DevTest Labs lsited as shown below;

Now does that mean the CSP offer, I am using is not a US Government CSP? From the Subscription, I see the Offer is listed as CSP as shown below;

Thanks

TIA TP

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:05 PM
  • Azure Government is sometimes referred to by slightly different names, but it all refers to the same Azure Government Portal and Azure Government services.

Are you looking at the Azure Government Portal (Azure portal using Azure Government credentials)?

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Yes, I access the CSP from portal.azure.us. 

TIA TP

Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:16 PM
  • Sorry for the delay.  I'm trying to verify what you are seeing on your portal as opposed to mine which takes a bit longer.
    Friday, September 13, 2019 7:15 PM
  • We've reported what you are seeing to the product group so they can further investigate this.  Would you be able to share a screenshot of what you are seeing? (cropping out any personal identifying information)
    Friday, September 20, 2019 6:59 AM