none
Drillthrough Query Results duplicate amount with ROLAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo,

we are using drillthrough actions and getting correct values when using MOLAP. When we switch to ROLAP mode, we get the same rows, but with duplicate amounts.

Do you have any hints / idea´s ?

Thanks in advance

Antoine

Friday, November 29, 2019 10:48 AM

All replies

• You most likely have duplicate rows in one of your dimensions. In MOLAP mode the processing operation will effectively do a SELECT DISTINCT when loading the dimensions, ROLAP just issues direct SQL queries with joins to the underlying source database. You can use SQL Profiler to capture the actual query sent to the source system.

Then remove all the columns selections and the WHERE clause and change it to a SELECT COUNT(*). Then run the query and get a row count, then start commenting out all the joins and run it again. If the two counts are different start adding back the joins until you find one (or more) dimension tables that change the count. Those ones will have duplicate rows in them.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:31 PM
  • Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your post.

In my opinion, you need to make a better understanding about the difference in the two storage modes, so that you would find out which factor leads to that issue.

SSAS – MOLAP, ROLAP and HOLAP storage types

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 3:32 AM
  • Thank you Darren,

it seem´s that i get duplicate attribute in a dimension, but without error while loading process. I will figure this out.

Additionally i recognized, that this happens when i use a fact driven dimension. I will investigate further and let you know, when i found a solution.

Thanks meanwhile

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Hallo,

i solved the problem. At the end the costcenter dimension was corrupted in my cube. I don´t know why, but there where duplicate attributes. While no error when loading these dimension.

--> I throwed the cube and recreated it with the same content and it worked.

Thanks for your time 

Monday, December 9, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hi antiwodka,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you have got the issue solved, please help close the thread by marking your reply as answer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:43 AM