none
Scaling up from Test/Dev to Prod without changing IP RRS feed

• Question

• We have a few apps running in Azure App Services. Currently they are size in the Test/Dev category, but we need to scale up to Production size apps. However a few of our clients have whitelisted these apps IP's and i see there is a note in production which mentions if you upscale there is a change that the IP's can change. Is there a way to scale up from test/dev to production without the IP's changing?
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hello DJCollis, as highlighted in the docs, your outbound IP addresses can change for any of the listed scenarios. One of those scenarios is scaling up your site, as you intend to do. Note that scaling out and adding instances does not impact your IP addresses.

You can avoid a disruption of your web app by adding all IPs to your allowed list. To find all possible outbound IP addresses for your app, regardless of pricing tiers, click Properties in your app's left-hand navigation. They are listed in the Additional Outbound IP Addresses field.Source

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:17 AM
  • No worries Dylan, high availability is important.

As long as you have added and verified all IP addresses that are listed in the "Additional Outbound IP Addresses" section of the properties blade of your app, your app will remain available. All of the IPs that are listed under additional outbound IP addresses are all IPs that your app could use to transmit traffic.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

• Marked as answer by DJCollis Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:13 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2019 11:39 PM

All replies

• Hello DJCollis, as highlighted in the docs, your outbound IP addresses can change for any of the listed scenarios. One of those scenarios is scaling up your site, as you intend to do. Note that scaling out and adding instances does not impact your IP addresses.

You can avoid a disruption of your web app by adding all IPs to your allowed list. To find all possible outbound IP addresses for your app, regardless of pricing tiers, click Properties in your app's left-hand navigation. They are listed in the Additional Outbound IP Addresses field.Source

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:17 AM
  • Hi Bryan

Thank you very much for the response. If i have already whitelisted all of the outbound IP's in the properties page, does that mean that when we upscale all the same IP's will apply and we therefore will not loose the whitelisting?

Sorry if this seems obvious, i would just like to double check my understanding.

Regards

Dylan

Friday, September 13, 2019 2:30 PM
  • No worries Dylan, high availability is important.

As long as you have added and verified all IP addresses that are listed in the "Additional Outbound IP Addresses" section of the properties blade of your app, your app will remain available. All of the IPs that are listed under additional outbound IP addresses are all IPs that your app could use to transmit traffic.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

• Marked as answer by DJCollis Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:13 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2019 11:39 PM