none
Adding a new table through DBML Layout changes the entire designer file instead of just adding the new table in the file. RRS feed

• Question

• I work on a collaborative project. We use Visual Studio 2017. Every time any of my team members add a new table through DBML of Project codebase results affecting the entire designer file. Earlier when we used to add a new table it just used to update the file as per the new table that just got added, but now it also affects record related to the previously existing record.

For instance, let's say I have a database named db1 and it has multiple tables like t1,t2,t3 and so on. If I add a test1 table in my database through DBML, it should affect three files: DBML, DBML.Layout and Designer.cs for entries specific to the only test1 table.
    But on contrary, it updates the designer.cs file with changes affecting t1,t2 ... along with test1 keeping the rest of both files(i.e.  DBML, DBML.Layout ) as desired.

Please let me know if there is any configuration setting that we need to implement to fix this issue. For now, we are just editing the designer file in notepad to prevent the error.

• Edited by 1988Coder Friday, March 1, 2019 9:09 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2019 9:07 PM