none
Azure CDN instead of Load Balancer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We are planning on using Azure CDN for accessing the contents. However, we would like to restrict the access based on countries and IP address.

Also, is there any way that we could make use of RBAC roles or MFA for accessing the contents. 

Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:32 AM

Answers

• For better understanding is the contents are in the Storage Account? Is there any way that we could make use of RBAC roles or MFA for accessing the contents, Can you provide more information on this?

To restrict the access based on countries and IP address you may check Azure Front door.

Additional information: Azure CDN vs Azure Load balancer vs Azure Front door

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:56 AM
  • Hi, 

You can implement Geo-Filtering with Azure CDN as well as Azure front door. 

If you are wishing to continue with Azure CDN, here is the doc which helps you to configure Geo-filtering. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, October 21, 2019 12:21 PM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Marked as answer by Vivan RA Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:52 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:34 AM

All replies

• For better understanding is the contents are in the Storage Account? Is there any way that we could make use of RBAC roles or MFA for accessing the contents, Can you provide more information on this?

To restrict the access based on countries and IP address you may check Azure Front door.

Additional information: Azure CDN vs Azure Load balancer vs Azure Front door

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:56 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, October 18, 2019 6:20 PM
  • We have data on Azure Storage. However, we are planning to provide access to containers which has images, iso's, files and some scanned images. We need to restrict this access based on locations, for a stipulated time.

I am hoping Azure CDN provides this feature. I am not sure with Azure Front door though. Let me go through with its features. 

I got an answer for my MFA and RBAC roles for Azure storage. However, can we take this further to Azure CDN. 

Monday, October 21, 2019 10:27 AM
  • Hi, 

You can implement Geo-Filtering with Azure CDN as well as Azure front door. 

If you are wishing to continue with Azure CDN, here is the doc which helps you to configure Geo-filtering. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, October 21, 2019 12:21 PM
  • Thank you,

Can I make use of MFA for Azure CDN. Is there a possibility. 

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:46 AM
  • Can I make use of MFA for Azure CDN. Is there a possibility? No MFA needs to handle by the backend of the CDN

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:10 AM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

• Marked as answer by Vivan RA Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:52 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:34 AM