none
Azure Stack test environment was deployed on DHCP ,stopped working when performed IPCONFIG /release and renew and also when moved to different network. RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed Azure Stack test environment on one of our local servers and it was successful. I have chosen DHCP while deploying it and wanted to test whether the environment is IP dependent or not. So I performed ipconfig /release and renew, it broke the environment, the virtual machines created during deployment never came back in Hyper-V manager and the Deployment, Storage and Managment NIC's it created were saying unidentified network. I have also tested on another server where Azure Stack was deployed and moved it to a different network environment, I was unable to connect to the Azure stack portal. So I want to know the reason and is it possible to change IP from DHCP to static after deployment. Will it work if I choose Static IP while deploying the Stack and move the server to the new network and provide new static IP to the NIC after deployment?

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Saturday, December 30, 2017 12:11 AM

Answers

• Hello Abhinav,

If the lease has expired and renewed using a different IP or moved to a new network you’ll need to update the IP info on the AzS-BGPNAT-01 VM.

Run the following commands and compare the IP addresses in the output.

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {ipconfig}

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {Get-NetNatExternalAddress}

The IP addresses in the output should be now be different, the NAT IP will need to be removed and updated.

To remove the invalid NAT IP address bound to MAS-BGPNAT01 run the following command:

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {Remove-NetNatExternalAddress -IPAddress 10.xx.xxx.12}

To assign the new NAT IP address to MAS-BGPNAT01 run the following command:

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {Add-NetNatExternalAddress -IPAddress 10.xx.xxx.15 -PortStart 5000 -PortEnd 49151}

Now check your internet access.

If youi are unable to resolve DNS names, you’ll need to update the DNS forwarders on AzS-DC01

The following example details how to do this.

### Add DNS Forwarder to AzS-DC01

New-PSSession -ComputerName AzS-DC01 -Credential $Credential

Enter-PSSession –ComputerName AzS-DC01

Add-DnsServerForwarder -IPAddress 172.23.90.124 -PassThru

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 11:14 PM

All replies

• Hello Abhinav,

If the lease has expired and renewed using a different IP or moved to a new network you’ll need to update the IP info on the AzS-BGPNAT-01 VM.

Run the following commands and compare the IP addresses in the output.

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {ipconfig}

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {Get-NetNatExternalAddress}

The IP addresses in the output should be now be different, the NAT IP will need to be removed and updated.

To remove the invalid NAT IP address bound to MAS-BGPNAT01 run the following command:

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {Remove-NetNatExternalAddress -IPAddress 10.xx.xxx.12}

To assign the new NAT IP address to MAS-BGPNAT01 run the following command:

Invoke-command -computer AzS-BGPNAT01 -Scriptblock {Add-NetNatExternalAddress -IPAddress 10.xx.xxx.15 -PortStart 5000 -PortEnd 49151}

Now check your internet access.

If youi are unable to resolve DNS names, you’ll need to update the DNS forwarders on AzS-DC01

The following example details how to do this.

### Add DNS Forwarder to AzS-DC01

New-PSSession -ComputerName AzS-DC01 -Credential $Credential

Enter-PSSession –ComputerName AzS-DC01

Add-DnsServerForwarder -IPAddress 172.23.90.124 -PassThru

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 11:14 PM
  • I have the same issue however I am using the ASDK version without the BGPNAT VM, how is the procedure different with buuld 1908?
    Monday, October 14, 2019 12:59 AM
  • Networking settings are now taken directly from the host machine instead of the BGPNAT VM. Try these settings directly on the ASDK host machine. 
    Monday, October 14, 2019 9:40 PM