none
Batch account stuck in creation mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a batch account that's stuck in creation mode and I am not able to delete it.

Is there a way for me to delete the job?

Monday, August 5, 2019 3:16 PM

Answers

• My apologies.  "job" is a term of art for Batch and it seems you are using "job" in this context to refer to the process of adding an account (creating an account).

The account has been successfully created and is in a normal usable state now.  You may proceed to delete it if you do not wish to use it.  Or you may proceed to use it as you see fit.

The delay had to do with a DNS operation failure.  My team will investigate this issue further.

d

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:27 AM

All replies

• Please open a support ticket for this.  CSS has a daily call with the product team and can help clear this issue for you.

If you cannot open a support ticket, please post the: <region, account-id, job-id>.

Please also confirm the operation you seek:  I think you only want the job deleted but if there is more let us know.

d

• Edited by DarylMsft Monday, August 5, 2019 6:47 PM cosmesis
    Monday, August 5, 2019 6:46 PM
  • I will need the jobID.

Also could you tell me which client you are using (portal, cli, powershell, sdk calls, batch explorer).

d

• Edited by DarylMsft Monday, August 5, 2019 10:07 PM jobid not name
    Monday, August 5, 2019 10:07 PM
  • I have deleted the subscription id details from the thread as it is confidential information.
    Monday, August 5, 2019 10:43 PM
  • My apologies.  "job" is a term of art for Batch and it seems you are using "job" in this context to refer to the process of adding an account (creating an account).

The account has been successfully created and is in a normal usable state now.  You may proceed to delete it if you do not wish to use it.  Or you may proceed to use it as you see fit.

The delay had to do with a DNS operation failure.  My team will investigate this issue further.

d

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:27 AM