none
Vault deletion failure RRS feed

• Question

• Installed a Backup Agent on a VM; later deleted the VM without stopping backup. Now it cant delete the vault as it still shows that there're backup items though the VM has been deleted and there's no way I can access the VM to stop the backup protection. Has anyone encountered this issue in the past?
    Monday, June 17, 2019 6:42 PM

All replies

• Kindly refer this article on how to delete the protected servers from recovery vault.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:04 AM
  • This article does not work, as the OP said, the VM is no longer available so we get the error referred to in this section of that article :

"Backup items associated with a Backup Management Server or Azure Backup Agent server must be deleted before those server’s registrations are deleted. To remove Backup items, navigate to the SC DPM, MABS or the MARS management console on the server as applicable, and select the relevant options to stop protection and delete backups. If any backup items are still associated, you will see the following error:"

How do we remove the backup items without access to the client.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:04 PM
  • Your last question "How do we remove the backup items without access to the client" is what I'm also asking. I unknowingly deleted the VM without first unregistering it in the vault and deleting backup item. Now I can't delete the vault and stuck; and incurring cost on this vault.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:08 PM
  • We recommend engaging our technical support team to investigate further.Please file a support case using these steps. If you do not have a support plan, send mail to AzCommunity@microsoft.com, include your subscription ID and a link to this MSDN thread (for context).
    Monday, June 24, 2019 4:52 AM