The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

I can't connect to my VM, restart and reset SSH is no help. RRS feed

• Question

• I create a VM one month ago, and install apache, mysql in it.

In this month, it can work at all, but today, there is a problem about mysql.sock happened, so I restart the VM(Last I solve it by restarting), but after restarting, I can't connect to my VM by ssh, show timed out, but in management page, it show running. 

I use 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-troubleshoot-ssh-connections/

to solve it, but reseting remote access has been two hours..... 

I use Boot diagnostics, It show this: 

[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset .............................

............................. [ 15.418196] EXT4-fs (sda1): Couldn't remount RDWR because of unprocessed orphan inode list. Please umount/remount instead An error occurred while mounting /. keys:Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery [ 310.240095]EEXT4-fs (sda1): erro count since last fsck: 11 [ 310.243094] EXT4-fs (sda1): initial error at time 1445006744: ext4_journal_check_start:56 [ 310.244081] EXT4-fs (sda1): last error at time 1445056937: ext4_remount:4888

I don't know how to solve it by the err code, so please help QAQ 

Saturday, October 17, 2015 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hello Meryde,

Greetings!

We are pleased to answer your query. With regards to your query, we hope that you have followed the steps mentioned in Troubleshoot Secure Shell (SSH) connections to a Linux-based Azure virtual machine documentation and still have the issue.You may also check the thread which has resolved same kind of issue.

Since you have SQL data base in your VM and If still have the issue i would suggest you to create a technical support ticket for better assistance, our engineers will help you appropriately. Also we would need sensitive information regarding the Subscription and deployment Id which should not be disclosed on the Public Forums.

Hope this helps!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

• Edited by Kamalakar Kamsani Sunday, October 18, 2015 3:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Meryde Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:30 PM
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hello Meryde,

Greetings!

We are pleased to answer your query. With regards to your query, we hope that you have followed the steps mentioned in Troubleshoot Secure Shell (SSH) connections to a Linux-based Azure virtual machine documentation and still have the issue.You may also check the thread which has resolved same kind of issue.

Since you have SQL data base in your VM and If still have the issue i would suggest you to create a technical support ticket for better assistance, our engineers will help you appropriately. Also we would need sensitive information regarding the Subscription and deployment Id which should not be disclosed on the Public Forums.

Hope this helps!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

• Edited by Kamalakar Kamsani Sunday, October 18, 2015 3:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Meryde Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:30 PM
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 3:38 AM
  • Thanks for replayed~ 

I have used  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-troubleshoot-ssh-connections/ to solve this issue, but no help. And I give the Deployment Id to Azure Support in Twitter, he recommend me to file a support case to  http://aka.ms/azsup  .

Because of the urgent of recovering the server, so we solve it by create a new VM and mount the old disk to this new VM, and then recovery the data. 

Thanks ~ But I only know it's a disk problem, don't know why ~

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:30 PM