The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure DevTest Labs!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
DevTest Lab Creation does not start when I choose a base ARM Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a DevTest Lab instance and configured either a private and a public repository for the ARM templates to be used.

Either base that I try to add I am requested for the initial parameters and when I press create nothing happens...

What can be causing this behavior? Any ideas?

Thanks

Luis Simões

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hello Luis,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Since I am not sure which specific base are you trying to create and unable to repro your issue, I would like to request more details from your end. 

Do you mind sharing the screenshots of

•  What base you have selected to create?

•  When you click 'Add' what exactly is happening? 

•  Which region are you trying to select? 

Are you choosing any of the base like displayed in the below screenshot? If so, which one is it? 

Please provide the requested details, so we can investigate it further.

---------------------------

Thanks in Advance. 

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:55 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Monika,

I choose one of the base images and I specify all the right parameters followed by clicking the ADD button.

The expected behavior would be for the deployment to start but with my user it does not.

My user is OWNER in the subscription.

I have tested with the main owner of the subscription and for his user it works fine.

Thank you

Regards,

LS

Luis Simões

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 4:46 AM
  • Hello Luis, 

I tried to repro your issue, and I chose AKS Base Image Distro, April 2019 and I was able to create it without any issues. 

Since I am unable to repro the issue, We would like to further troubleshoot this issue offline with you.

Can you please send an email to "Azcommunity@Microsoft.com" with the below info, so we can work more closely with you on this matter.

Subject : ATTN:Monika 

•  Subscription ID
    •  VM Name 
    •  Type of base that you are selecting 
    •  Lab Name 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:11 PM
    Owner