none
Azure File Share backup costs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team

We're looking to harness azure backup for azure file shares (currently public preview), however I'm struggling to find the costs associated for it. We have about 75TB of data in various azure file shares. 

Is there a cost calculator out there / a rough estimate I can pass onto my customer please?

Thanks!

Friday, July 26, 2019 9:45 AM

All replies

• We are currently working on final stage of Azure File share backup cost. 

I would request you to please fill up the below mentioned pricing survey based on your requirements/expectations?  

Azure Backup pricing on Azure File Share: http://aka.ms/AzureFilesBackupSurvey

Additional information: We do not bill for any Azure Backup related charges during preview. At GA, we would have a nominal “Protected Instance” fee for Azure Backup. As for the Storage parts, Azure Backup only use File Share snapshots and does not move the data to our Vault today. Hence, only the snapshots would be charged (As part of the Azure Files bill). There would be no additional storage billing from Azure Backup with the current solution.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, July 29, 2019 10:38 AM
  • @D Langmead Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:37 AM