none
DxDiag wont save as xml RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

im unable to output my dxdiag into an xml. i keep getting the following message.

DxDiag Error

"There was a problem saving the file"

Sunday, August 4, 2019 12:26 PM

All replies

• I have this issue as well.
    Friday, September 13, 2019 6:26 AM
  • I too am having the same issue. 
    Friday, September 13, 2019 8:39 PM
  • Don't count on Microsoft to provide an answer! I googled it and found this solution here. There is a way to generate a txt or XML automatically when running the DxDiag command. For xml file type this dxdiag /x [File name]_dxdiag. In my case I typed in dxdiag /x henry_dxdiag

Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:14 PM
  • +1 same issue here and I can't apply to the Flight Simulator close-alpha testing without a dxdiag.xml 
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:20 AM
  • For me this issue got fixed by removing all usb devices from my pc and running dxdiag after that.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:03 PM
  • I have the same problem.  Needed to output xml for the same reason as Lovi07 but unlike him/her i had only unplugged my usb extension cable coming all the way from the back of my PC to top of my desk and also the Unitek docking station type-c cable which seemed to be enough to eliminate the problem.

I think unplugging everything does not serve the purpose of demanding the file in the first place by MS anyway for the testers.

Friday, September 20, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Hey - I saved as txt and then went online to convert it by googling txt to xml converter.

Flight Simulator site then accepted.

Changing the extension in Windows to xml will not work.

Hope this works for you.

G

Sunday, September 22, 2019 12:04 PM