none
AWS and AZURE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I am new to Azure machine learning, i want to know whether we can connect AWS s3 and hadoop cluster to Azure without using HDinsight ? please guide to work on it.

Thanks & Regards,

Shalini

Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:43 AM

Answers

• Hey Shalini,

The Reader module + Hive Query mode supports any publicly-facing Hadoop cluster using WebHDFS, not just HDInsight. The Reader can also ingress data from an unauthenticated HTTP address, if you can provide one from S3. However, there is no native S3 connector. In fact, data transfer speeds will be vastly improved by hosting your data on an Azure Storage account in the same datacenter as your Azure ML workspace, though I understand the desire to keep it in S3.

Regards,

AK

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Shailini26,

I am not sure whether you would be able to connect the Machine learning contents from Amazon S3 to  Azure.

https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/faqs/

As per the documentation, you cannot export the AML contents outside of Amazon. (AML-Amazon Machine Learning)

Connecting Amazon S3 Hadoop to Azure you can check the below docs for details.

http://dennyglee.com/2012/03/21/connecting-hadoop-on-azure-to-your-amazon-s3-blob-storage/

Hope this helps you.

Girish Prajwal

Monday, September 7, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Hey Shalini,

The Reader module + Hive Query mode supports any publicly-facing Hadoop cluster using WebHDFS, not just HDInsight. The Reader can also ingress data from an unauthenticated HTTP address, if you can provide one from S3. However, there is no native S3 connector. In fact, data transfer speeds will be vastly improved by hosting your data on an Azure Storage account in the same datacenter as your Azure ML workspace, though I understand the desire to keep it in S3.

Regards,

AK

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:16 AM
  • Thank you for the reply , so we have to have HDinsight to connect to AWS S3 right ?? we cannt connect directly connect AWS s3 to Azure , it should be done through HD insight only ??..
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:43 AM
  • Thank you the link which you shared help me a lot to understand the concept much more better :) :)..
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:43 AM