Creating work item baselines RRS feed

• Question

• As promised: Second Issue...

Just like the branching of source control items, it should be possible to baseline work items to be able to compare e.g. the begin and end of an iteration or to set a baseline of requirements. Hence, the user should be able to create a baseline based on a work item filter and provide a name for that baseline. This baseline should be available as filter in relevant reports, to set e.g. begin and end of the report. That would solve the manual setting of Plan Completed Date in the Unplanned Work Report.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 7:12 AM

All replies

• I have posted in several places elsewhere my desire to see Iterations extended (or extensible) - at least having a begin and end to an iteration is a must in my book.  Making them extensible (similar to how we can create custom workitems) would provide the ability to then add custom fields that could capture things like the Plan Completed Date (or a baseline date).
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:56 AM
  • Thanks Sven.

The feature request for baselining work items makes a lot of sense.  We're unlikely to get to it in the Rosario timeframe, but it is on our backlog to consider for the future.

-Siddharth

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:19 PM
  •  

I think baselines on workitems is a really good idea. We are right now having problems with baselineing requirements and test cases unless where they are stored. A possibility to baseline the workitems would definitely give more possible solutions to this problem.
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 12:12 PM