none
How to get Azure Active Directory Tenant ID in Azure portal ?

Answers

• From the Portal, if you click on the Help icon in the upper right and then choose 'Show Diagnostics' you can find the tenant id in the diagnostic JSON.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:54 AM
  • Hello,

Currently the Azure portal doesn't have a way to retrieve the TenantID. Your feedback is valuable to us and we have relayed your feedback to our Product Development team for future product revisions.

Out of curiosity, can you please share the example/scenario on what you are trying to achieve? This will help our entire team understand your perspective.

Regards,

Shravan

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting here!

I'm discussing this with the Active Directory team and would require some time to get back to you with the right answer.

Best Regards,

Sadiqh Ahmed

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:10 PM
  • Hello,

Currently the Azure portal doesn't have a way to retrieve the TenantID. Your feedback is valuable to us and we have relayed your feedback to our Product Development team for future product revisions.

Out of curiosity, can you please share the example/scenario on what you are trying to achieve? This will help our entire team understand your perspective.

Regards,

Shravan

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:52 PM
  • There seems to be no way to see it in the portal. But when you login to manage.windowsazure.com and mark the Active Directory you can find it in the URL in the browser, if that helps you.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Shravan,

An old topic I know, but the reason I need to know Tenant ID is because it has to go into configuration parameters for a SharePoint 2013 hosted in Azure VM custom claims provider (AzureCP on codeplex) to connect it to Azure AD.

I've had to extract it from the Url:

https://manage.windowsazure.com/serco.onmicrosoft.com#Workspaces/ActiveDirectoryExtension/Directory/<Tenant ID GUID>/directoryQuickStart

Would be nice if it was just displayed on page somewhere.

Friday, October 16, 2015 10:38 AM
  • If you go to the Azure AD Quick Start Page, Click on 'Develop Applications' and the select View Authentication and Authorization Endpoints. It is also displayed there.

Granted it is still not in an obvious place, but we shall ensure the AUX Team get this feedback and it is something we could possibly include in the New UI (portal.azure.com).

As well as PowerShell you can also use Graph API to get the 'Company' Object GUID

https://graph.windows.net/contoso.onmicrosoft.com/tenantDetails

Many Thanks,

James.

Senior Escalation Engineer | Azure AD Identity & Access Management

Sunday, October 18, 2015 1:20 AM
  • From the Portal, if you click on the Help icon in the upper right and then choose 'Show Diagnostics' you can find the tenant id in the diagnostic JSON.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:54 AM
  • Hello - I am trying to connect to cloud instance of D365 for operations odata service through my custom app and it requires to provide AAD tenant in URI format. I do have a tenant ID which is not acceptable by the Authorization class I obtained from Microsoft. Is it possible to get it? How can I get the tenant Name or Id in URI format? 

• Edited by fahahm Friday, April 21, 2017 5:34 AM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 5:29 AM