Cannot Install VFP9 on WIN 7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems trying to install VFP9 on WIN 7 64bit. This is what happens:--- From AutoPlay - Run VFP9 - Install VFP - Prerequisites, reads as follows - """"Setup has detected that some of the software components that are installed on your computer do not match the version required for Visual FoxPro. You must install a different version of these components"""".

What does all this mean."Is the version I am trying to install only intended for 32bit" or what.

Can anyone please assist.

Thank You.

Monday, September 27, 2010 2:10 AM

Answers

• Beside the fact VFP works even when you copy it from another computer (together with all necessary DLLs), it also works on Win 7 64 bit without problems and the installation is seamless obviously...

You have to look at installation LOG file which will contain more info about the invalid component.

The following is a list of components required for Visual FoxPro 9.0:

·       Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0

·       Setup Runtime Files

·       Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7

·       Microsoft SOAP Toolkit 3.0

Monday, September 27, 2010 8:30 AM

All replies

• Beside the fact VFP works even when you copy it from another computer (together with all necessary DLLs), it also works on Win 7 64 bit without problems and the installation is seamless obviously...

You have to look at installation LOG file which will contain more info about the invalid component.

The following is a list of components required for Visual FoxPro 9.0:

·       Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0

·       Setup Runtime Files

·       Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7

·       Microsoft SOAP Toolkit 3.0

Monday, September 27, 2010 8:30 AM
  • Hi guys.

I have exactly same problem. So when i try to install windows installer xxx, windows 7 64bits ed show me a message saiying that it not required or similar. So the windows installer never finish.

How I solved or deal with this problem, installed on a virtual pc windows XP, with additions, and copy the program files folder Microsoft Visual Fox Pro 9 to my program files folder. Furthermore, copied the file msvcr71.dll to my installation folder.

How to do it on the rigth way? show me please! I just know that i can type and compile my programs again over windows 7 64 bits.

Thanks.

There is not knowledge that is not a power. :)
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:55 PM