none
Azure File Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are looking to entertain Azure Files to store some important documents on the cloud and I had some concerns. Our files are currently stored on a NAS server and they are recursively embedded with many folders. My questions are:

1.) Can you move files to Azure Files if the path exceeds the 260 character limit? (currently, I can get passed these limitations locally by using robocopy, changing the max_path constant, or by using \\?\)

2.) Is it bad practice to store these long path files on Azure?

What are your thoughts about this? Is there a KB regarding this?

Thanks!

Friday, September 6, 2019 9:42 PM

All replies

• Hi 

You are correct there is a limitation of 2048 characters length in path name and 256 characters for the object/File name.

Please find the link documented with the details.

And For 2nd - Trying to re-arrange the folder structure in the Azure would be a good suggestion as there are no such limitations in On-Premise.

Thanks Please mark as answer if my post is helped to solve your problem and vote as helpful if it helped so that forum users can benefit

Saturday, September 7, 2019 12:00 PM
  • Hi

I am writing to follow up this thread with you. Have you solved your issue? If you have solved your issue, please  mark helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue. 

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:37 AM
  • Hi

I am writing to follow up this thread with you. Have you solved your issue? If you have solved your issue, please  mark helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:25 AM