How to Increment Deploy SqlDatabase via ARM Template RRS feed

• Question

• If I have deployed the database In Azure through ARM template.  but after deploy need to change the structure of the database due to business needs.But since the password is with the customer, how can I deploy the database incrementally through the ARM Template if I only know the subscriptionID and customer domain?

My purpose is to be able to change the database structure after deployment, but the original data will not be lost

Friday, October 26, 2018 6:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You can deploy a dacpac file to a new Azure SQL Database as part of an ARM template.  With a dacpac you can deploy schema changes, the following resources will show you how:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/kaevans/2016/03/28/deploy-bacpac-to-azure-sql-database-using-arm/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, October 26, 2018 1:05 PM
  • Hi Sr:

i am  already  use the dacpac file as the part in ARM template like below, but i want to research if the project is already deployed ,but after a while the structure of database need modify,but we not know customer's DP password .how  to use the ARM template implement Increment deploy,there is very important key  is after the deploy the old Data would't Lost! Do u have any idea to implement the   scenario?

"resources": [
                            {
                                "name": "myImport1",
                                "type": "extensions",
                                "apiVersion": "[parameters('apiVersions').sqlDBApiVersion]",
                                "dependsOn": [
                                    "[concat('Microsoft.Sql/servers/',parameters('azureSQL').serverName, '/databases/', parameters('azureSQL').databaseName)]"
                                ],
                                "properties": {
                                    "storageKeyType": "[parameters('azureSQL').storageKeyType]",
                                    "storageKey": "[parameters('azureSQL').storageKey]",
                                    "storageUri": "[parameters('azureSQL').storageUri1]",
                                    "administratorLogin": "[parameters('azureSQL').sqlAuthenticationLogin]",
                                    "administratorLoginPassword": "[parameters('azureSQL').sqlAuthenticationPassword]",
                                    "operationMode": "Import"
                                }
                            },

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:14 AM