none
Can't reinstall a package (ERROR: was installed by an R version with different internals; it needs to be reinstalled for use with this R version) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm using Azure Machine Learning Studio to integrate a R script and I would like to try to use AzureStor package to connect to Azure Data Lake Storage.

When I 'm trying to install a dependency of a dependency of a dependency with this code

install.packages("src/rappdirs_0.3.1.zip", lib = ".",repos=NULL,verbose=TRUE)
    library(rappdirs,lib.loc=".")

I obtain this error:

package 'rappdirs' was installed by an R version with different internals; it needs to be reinstalled for use with this R version

but when I made "library(rappdirs,lib.loc=".")" says "There is no package" and I can't reinstall it nor remove it and install again.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Margarida

Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hello, 

Installation of all R packages are performed as part of the experiment, Packages in a workspace are not persisted after the experiment has run or after you have closed your session. However, any packages that you have uploaded as zipped files can be quickly extracted and used when you re-run the experiment.

In the above case it looks like the zip file uploaded might not be packaged correctly to load the library from the correct location. 

The general guidance to install an R package is to use the steps below:

• Obtain the Windows binaries for the package, in zipped format.
    • Zip the desired package and any dependencies into a new single compressed archive file with the .ZIP extension.
    • Upload the zipped file as a dataset to your workspace.
    • Connect the new dataset to the Execute R Script module.
    • Install the package using R script in a module.

It is important to use the zipped format of the binary and then zip the binaries in a package so all the binaries are available in the src to be installed. Could you please check if the above steps are followed and if it works for you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. 

Friday, January 31, 2020 6:31 AM
  • Hi.

Thanks for you answer.

I'm following all of those steps and a get that Error...

I don't know if it make difference but I'm using a "r-oldrel" binary because the version MRO 3.4.4 doesn't support the others. I can't reinstall it and therefore I can't use the AzureStor package to connect to Azure Data Lake Storage.

Is there any other package or procedure to connect ADLS directly inside R?

Thank you very much,

Margarida

Friday, January 31, 2020 11:00 AM