Get the info from minidump file(Windows Phone) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I noticed in Windows Dev Center, that my app have crashed several times. I exported .xlsx and downloaded .cab, which give me an .mdmp . Next, I tried to open it first with Visual Studio 2013, but with no success(SYSTEM.RUNTIME.DLL missing error), and then via WinDbg(x86 . Have this program separate version for ARM? I don't see that, anyway). I used this tutorial: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/archive/2014/01/13/debugging-a-windows-8-1-store-app-crash-dump.aspx So, no success again, but more information gained. First, when i open that file it says following:

(964.98): Unknown exception - code c000027b (first/second chance not available)Unable to load image kernelbase.dll, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kernelbase.dllkernelbase!RaiseFailFastException+0x5c:76e88488 f7f6fcd4 bl          kernelbase!SignalStartWerSvc (76e7ee34)

Then, i tried to do .exr

0:006> .exr -1ExceptionAddress: 66b6e457 (Windows_UI_Xaml!DirectUI::ErrorHelper::ProcessUnhandledError+0x00000097)   ExceptionCode: c000027b  ExceptionFlags: 00000001NumberParameters: 2   Parameter[0]: 06774a80   Parameter[1]: 00000002
    And looked for 06774a80 parameter. That is what I got :

0:006> dt 06774a80 combase!_STOWED_EXCEPTION_INFORMATION_HEADER*****************************************************************************                                                                   ******                                                                   ******    Either you specified an unqualified symbol, or your debugger   ******    doesn't have full symbol information.  Unqualified symbol      ******    resolution is turned off by default. Please either specify a   ******    fully qualified symbol module!symbolname, or enable resolution ******    of unqualified symbols by typing ".symopt- 100". Note that   ******    enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol     ******    server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to     ******    appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect      ******    symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down.     ******                                                                   ******    For some commands to work properly, your symbol path           ******    must point to .pdb files that have full type information.      ******                                                                   ******    Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not      ******    contain the required information.  Contact the group that      ******    provided you with these symbols if you need this command to    ******    work.                                                          ******                                                                   ******    Type referenced: combase!_STOWED_EXCEPTION_INFORMATION_HEADER*                ******                                                                   ****************************************************************************Symbol combase!_STOWED_EXCEPTION_INFORMATION_HEADER* not found.

What am I doing wrong? And here is my .mdmp file : http://dropmefiles.com/Pvnzm

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for providing the dump file. You app appears to be failing in the following module:

Microsoft_Live_ni!Microsoft.Live.???

I would recommend that you post on the Live Connect forums and make your dump available to them for further analysis.

-James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

• Marked as answer by FallenAngel9 Thursday, May 28, 2015 3:14 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for providing the dump file. You app appears to be failing in the following module:

Microsoft_Live_ni!Microsoft.Live.???

I would recommend that you post on the Live Connect forums and make your dump available to them for further analysis.

-James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

• Marked as answer by FallenAngel9 Thursday, May 28, 2015 3:14 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:22 PM
  • Thanks a lot, will try to fix it. Is there recomendations, how to read information from such files by my own? I think, that it will be much easier to support team, if developers get info from their dumps by their own. If that is impossible - neverminf, i just suggested. But fgain, thank you for fast reply
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:19 PM
  • Hello,

The key to doing good postmortem debugging is to learn to use WinDbg. This tool is extremely complex but also extremely powerful. It will give you general callstack information and when connected to the public Microsoft symbols you will get some information about the operating system calls.

Debugging Tools for Windows (WinDbg, KD, CDB, NTSD)

Use the Microsoft Symbol Server to obtain debug symbol files

I hope this helps,

James

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:58 AM