none
PostgreSQL Virtual Net Rule issue when having Basic Tier RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, everyone.

We were trying to create virtual net rule for our postgresql database but it failed because our database is using a basic tier. The problem is that the database is now rejecting every attempt to connect from our VMs.

This is the error "Client connections to Basic tier servers through Virtual Network Service Endpoints are not supported. Virtual Network Service Endpoints are supported for General Purpose and Memory Optimized severs."

How can I return to the previous configuration? or any configuration where my connection will work.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:20 AM

Answers

• Daniel,

Good morning. VNET service endpoints are unfortunately not support on the Basic tier, but are for General Purpose and Memory Optimized. You can go to the subnet and turn VNET service endpoints off (this is the Microsoft.SQL service tag). Once you have turned service endpoints off on the subnet you will be able to restore connectivity.

Thank you,

Diana Putnam

dianas@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 2:41 PM

All replies

• Daniel,

Good morning. VNET service endpoints are unfortunately not support on the Basic tier, but are for General Purpose and Memory Optimized. You can go to the subnet and turn VNET service endpoints off (this is the Microsoft.SQL service tag). Once you have turned service endpoints off on the subnet you will be able to restore connectivity.

Thank you,

Diana Putnam

dianas@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 2:41 PM
  • Thanks a lot, Diana.

That worked for me.

Regards,

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:32 PM