none
Create Additional ACI Instances and Connect to them Individually RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to create more than one instance in ACI container group. The limits say you can have 60 instances per group, but there appears to be no way to add a second one. I'm using this command:

New-AzContainerGroup -ResourceGroupName Development -Name NAME_HERE -Image IMAGE_HERE -RegistryCredential $mycred -OsType Linux -DnsNameLabel DNS_Label

…it works just fine, but I can find no command or documentation for adding another instance to this group, nor can it can done in the Portal UI. If you run this command again with a different dns label, it just updates the existing container but does not add a new instance. If you run it with a new container name, it creates a whole new group in the portal.

Even if you could add another instance, it’s not clear to me how you would be able to connect to the individual instances in the group as it seems they would all have the same FQDN (DnsNameLabel). If I was able to create a second instance, would I be able to connect to them individually even though they have the same FQDN?

Thanks!

Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:26 PM

Answers

All replies