none
Change MABS Scratch Location Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

We have a onprem MABS Server running on Windows Server 2012 R2, with the scratch location folder located on C: of this server.

I would like to know if it's possible to change the scratch location folder currently on C: to a network share or any other remote location with more free space and scalable.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Bruno S.
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:59 PM

All replies

• Are you referring to the DPM Storage Pool Volumes and Folders?  I think you could just add a new drive and remove original, no?
    Friday, June 7, 2019 3:48 PM
  • Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

It's not the DPM Storage Pool (backup to DPM disk), but the Scratch Folder Location used by MARS to prepare the backup to Azure (Online Backup) on MABS Server. This is a temp storage for online backup only.

By default, this folder is located in the same disk that MABS was installed.

My question is: is it possible to change this temp storage (local Disk C:) for a network share or other remote location that's more flexible and scalable?

Bruno S.

Friday, June 7, 2019 5:44 PM
  • The following locations for the cache folder are not recommended:

• Network share/removable media: The cache folder must be local to the server that needs backing up using online backup. Network locations or removable media like USB drives are not supported
    • Offline volumes: The cache folder must be online for expected backup using Azure Backup Agent

See the FAQ page.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:54 AM