none
Macos are unable to download a file (not in cache) on a Azure file sync share RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a share on a windows 2016. This share is sync with a azure storage through azure file sync.

On PC client no problem either with file in cache or not in cache

On Mac os x (using cifs) I have no problem with file in cache but I am unable to get file which are not in cache.

I tried nfs but the way the rights are managed between unix and ntfs is a "bit" obscur.

Do somebody have the same problem (macos and azure file sync) ?

Thanks for your help

Marc

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:35 PM

All replies

• Just for clarification was it working fine before? Do you get any error message or error code? 

Can you try to un-install and re-install the Azure File Sync agent and check for the status. Did you get any chance to see those files in Azure Storage explorer?

Additional information:When you add a new server to the sync group, Azure File Sync will first sync the file metadata (stubs) to the server, then files will be downloaded up to the cloud tiering free disk space setting. If cloud tiering is not enabled, all files will be downloaded to the new server. 

Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:48 AM
  • Can you please clarify what "not in cache" means  - are you trying to download the file from the file server and the file is not under a namespace managed by azure file sync or you are trying to download it from the cloud file share directly?
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:51 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:50 AM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know. If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:12 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:39 AM