none
Discussion on decision forest RRS feed

• Question

• What is difference between traditional random forest and and azure decision forest model.?
    Sunday, October 27, 2019 7:27 PM

All replies

• What is difference between traditional random forest and and azure decision forest model.?
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 5:42 PM
  • ???

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hello TalhaGe,

It looks like there was a duplicate question about the same so they were merged. Azure decision forest is pretty much the implementation of decision forest algorithm that allows users to customize it based on the different configurations that can be set. More details about the implementation are in the module references for Two class and multi class decision forest modules. 

One important difference of the decision forest classifier in Azure Machine Learning Studio consists is it is an ensemble of decision trees where ensemble models provide better coverage and accuracy than single decision trees.

-Rohit

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Ensemble models also used in random forest but what is the key difference b/w random forest and decision forest.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:41 PM
  • I've tried it and can't get it to work. Always gives error.

I will read the described articles better to see if it works.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:01 PM
  • Hello TalhaGe,

I think this publication from microsoft research might help you with detailed information about the implementation of this module as the two class and multi class decision forest modules documentation might not have indepth details about the differences between traditional random forest and azure's implementation. 

-Rohit

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Please provide me any paper related to ANN module implementation.
    Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:58 PM