none
Data from event hub not getting populated in ADX database RRS feed

• Question

• I created a sample application to send events to the event hub, which subsequently sends data to the azure data explorer database. I can see the events appearing in the event hub, but the same is not getting ingested in the Azure Data Explorer database even after creating the data ingestion from the event hub.

I have already deleted and recreated the data explorer and along with the database and data ingestion from the event hub, but no success. BTW, I have also done metadata mapping.

The data should be inserted to the ADX database table, and I should be able to query the data, but the query to the table returns a blank.

Monday, July 22, 2019 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Mike,

I was able to resolve the issue by running the command - 

".show ingestion failures"

I found out that the there was a problem in the json format coming in. It was not able to map to the format defined within ADX database. 

Finally, I noticed that the table format mentioned for the data ingestion through Event Hub had the json format, whereas it should have been multiline json becuase data comin in had the nested structure.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Kumarneeraj,

Do you have any error message? Please see the following document with regard to exceptions (link). 

Please look at the following tutorial to ensure your Event Hub to Data Explorer integration is setup correctly: Ingest data from Event Hub into Azure Data Explorer (link).

Thank you!

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:02 AM
    Owner
  • Hello Mike,

I was able to resolve the issue by running the command - 

".show ingestion failures"

I found out that the there was a problem in the json format coming in. It was not able to map to the format defined within ADX database. 

Finally, I noticed that the table format mentioned for the data ingestion through Event Hub had the json format, whereas it should have been multiline json becuase data comin in had the nested structure.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:20 PM