none
multi-factor authentication server - user portal RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to delegate a group with user portal admin access?  I'd like to assign the help desk's admin group access to update phone numbers where needed.  Currently, i am delegating access on a per user basis.
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:05 PM

Answers

• So I heard back from some of the content owners for User Portal and they confirmed that it is only User based. Hence, you are unable to manage this from a group perspective. 

It was suggested you provide this feature request here. That way if others are also finding the need for this feature the product team and work on implementing it. 

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:40 AM

All replies

• This should be possible. Check the following: 

1) Go to the Azure Portal
    2) Select Azure Active Directory
    3) Select Users and Groups
    4) Select All Groups
    5) Select New Group

5) Complete all the fields and add members to this group

6) Go to the Group overview and configure as desired

Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:32 PM
  • Apologies, I should have mentioned the mutlifactor server is on prem, wouldn't the configuration need to be applied on the server level?
    • Edited by TxMethodMan Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:40 PM
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:35 PM
  • Ah okay thanks for clarifying that. Apologies as well I probably could have made that connection had I read your question better :) 

Can you tell me a bit more about your environment and how you are currently making it work in this situation? 

Are you looking to have this group have access to the users in Azure Active Directory and be able to update their contact information here? 

Or do you have an on prem AD that you are syncing with Azure AD? 

Thanks, 

-Micah

Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:53 PM
  • We have on-prem AD syncing via AAD Coonect, and on prem multifactor server, version 7.3.0.3.

Below is the window prior to the one I had previously sent, and appears to limit me to adding users and individually assigning them admin permissions... e.g. change phone, method, and mobile app options...   I'd like to add a group, and have the members inherit this access.

• Edited by TxMethodMan Friday, December 15, 2017 6:08 PM
    Friday, December 15, 2017 6:08 PM
  • Oh okay I see what you are trying to go for now. Completely makes sense. I can see why having a group would be much easier than needing to add per user. 

I am not sure if it is possible to achieve this in the manner you want. I will do some testing in my environment and get back to you shortly. 

Monday, December 18, 2017 6:31 PM
  • I have attempted to find a work around for this issue in my environment with no luck. At this point I am reaching out to some of the contributors for the following Microsoft Doc to see if they are able to tell us if this is supported or not: 

User portal for Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Server

I will let you know what they have to say once I hear back. 

Monday, December 18, 2017 11:48 PM
  • So I heard back from some of the content owners for User Portal and they confirmed that it is only User based. Hence, you are unable to manage this from a group perspective. 

It was suggested you provide this feature request here. That way if others are also finding the need for this feature the product team and work on implementing it. 

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:40 AM