none
You cannot start application from this location because it is already installed from a different location. RRS feed

• Question

• We're developing an application that uses ClickOnce as it's installer at work. Today, when testing out a new release, I was greeted by the message in the title. The application, however, is not even installed on this system. It have been at some point, but has been uninstalled. It does not appear in the list of installed programs.

To be sure, I removed every single reference to the application in the registry, and yet this message persists.

How can I manually uninstall a ClickOnce application or, at least, get to a point where I can install it again?

Friday, November 29, 2019 6:14 PM

All replies

• Nevermind. Got mad and removed everything inside of C:\Users\WhoAmI\appData\Local\Apps\2.0\ 

Barbaric, but it's what ClickOnce needs :)

Friday, November 29, 2019 6:32 PM
  • Hi WomTim,
    I am glad you have got your solution. We appreciated you shared us your solution. And we also hope you can mark it as an answer. By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 1:47 AM