none
Parent site URL changed, form broken, just republish? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple of InfoPath library forms (not list forms) hosted under let's say Site B, where site B is a subsite of Site A. I recently changed the URL of site A and all forms are broken.

I attempted to fix this simply by opening up the .XSN file in infopath, FILE >>> Publish >>>> SharePoint Server >>>

Here I found that the URL was the old URL of site A before the change, so I updated it to the new URL of site A. Hit Next, Next, and instead of creating a new form library, I simply choose Update the form template in an existing library, and pick the same library.

Voila! the form is back to normal again.

Now my questions: If it is this simple, why there are posts out there saying something like saving a local copy of the XSN file, exporting its source, and changing the URL within the .manifest file (some even say it needs to be converted to .CAB file) like here? Or some even say, some file called .udcx file need to be modified like here? All these suggestions make me think if it is this complicated, I might have done something wrong?

Or is it because these complicated steps are meant for Infopath list forms only instead of library forms? Or they have to do with opening up old .XML records? (My forms in question only use emailing to send out responses and do not save a XML record in the form library)

So just would like to confirm that these complicated steps (changing .manifest file/.udcx file) doesn't apply to my case? Please advise!

Environment: SharePoint 2013 on-premise. InfoPath 2013

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you change the URL of the parent site from UI? Have you updated the URL of the subsite?

Per my understanding, the scenarios from the posts are for InfoPath forms that are in well function. They are required to be used for another URL when they are published to one URL.

Truth is that when you create a blank form from "SharePoint Form Library" template, you need to save a local copy before publishing it to SharePoint Server. The form is saved locally and is not linked to any SharePoint list or library.

In your scenario, the forms with the old URLs are completely out of connection and you have updated the URLs of the InfoPath forms by republishing them directly to the Form Library. If you can get the forms to work in document libraries, I don’t think you need further actions.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:05 AM