MsAccess VBA automation using coded UI Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There, 

I have implemented a test framework trough coded UI to test msaccess application which has some buttons and dialog boxes popping up.

i have a strange problem which is, when i use coded UI it actually captures the coordinates for the control. this executes all the tests when i run from the same machine but fails to run the tests wherever the resolution changes or screen re sizes.

please let me know the way by which i can call the controls from a vba application based on their control names or id rather then coordinates.

Thanks

Steave

Monday, November 19, 2012 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hello Steave,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I suggest that you can hand code a coded UI test to find a control using searchproperties and filterproperties.

For more information, you can refer to this blog:

Hand-coding a Coded UI Test

In addition, you can see this blog to know how coded UI test finds a control:

How does “Coded UI test” finds a control ??

I hope they can help you.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:46 AM
  • Hello Steave,

Glad to receive your reply.

If you can record actions on the access application and MDI child window using Coded UI Test Builder, Coded UI Test Builder can recognize controls on the application, I think that you can do Coded UI test for this application by hand coding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hello Steave,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I suggest that you can hand code a coded UI test to find a control using searchproperties and filterproperties.

For more information, you can refer to this blog:

Hand-coding a Coded UI Test

In addition, you can see this blog to know how coded UI test finds a control:

How does “Coded UI test” finds a control ??

I hope they can help you.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:46 AM
  • Hi Amanda,

Firstly i would like to thank you for your valuable time to this question, 

i would like to hand code myself but i am bit more concerned about the limitations with the MS Access mdi child windows handlers in the codedUI project. is it possible to simulate the access application trough hand code codedUI project. 

Thanks

Steave

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:32 AM
  • Hello Steave,

Glad to receive your reply.

If you can record actions on the access application and MDI child window using Coded UI Test Builder, Coded UI Test Builder can recognize controls on the application, I think that you can do Coded UI test for this application by hand coding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:00 AM
  • Hello Steave,

I am marking my reply as answer. If my suggestion can’t help you, you can come back and unmark it as answer. If you have anything unclear, please feel free to come back and ask me.

Best reagrds,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Friday, November 23, 2012 2:56 AM