none
Azure Analysis Services Data Refresh from on perm database using Power Shell RRS feed

• Question

• We are able to configure the Azure Analysis services using Power Shell and successfully able to schedule. But irrespective of whether it's success or failure Power Shell says successful. I think using Logic APPS there is a way to get the failure status. Is there a way we can do the same in Power Shell or should we go to Logic Apps ?
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathan,

One way to perform a Data Refresh from Powershell is by invoking the REST API for refresh

You can invoke the REST API using Invoke-RestMethod.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 10:53 AM
  • Any one have any link or blog which will let us know if the refresh fails via email like if you process on Perm using SQL Agent. One of our issue with the Power Shell script is it's always successful. Any link appreciatated
    Friday, August 2, 2019 1:51 PM
  • The recommended way to do so is by using logic apps. That way you would also have the flexibility to get mails for failed refresh operations.

Hope this helps.

Monday, August 5, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi Nathan,

Just wanted to check - was the above suggestion useful to you ? If yes, do consider upvoting and/or marking as answer the above reply. This would help other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:09 AM
  • None of your links show me how I can set a notification if the job fails. 
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:18 PM
  • I like to get a detailed documentation how email notification can be set up using logic apps
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:19 PM
  • Hi Nathan,

I found a well-written blog with detailed steps. Please have a look at this blog and let me know if it helps.

Disclaimer - The above blog is a 3rd party writing and not an official doc by Microsoft.

Monday, August 12, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi Nathan,

Just wanted to check - was the above suggestion useful to you ? If yes, do consider upvoting and/or marking as answer the above reply. This would help other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:30 AM
  • Hi Nathan,

I haven't heard from you in quite some time - was the above suggestion helpful to you ? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking as answer. This would help other users reading this thread.

Friday, August 23, 2019 10:26 AM