Is it possible to add Azure CDN Verizon premium rules via Powershell or CLI? RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to add response headers using rules engine in standard Microsoft CDN and I faced a problem with maximum length of header value which is 100. So, I decided go for Premium Verizon CDN which is allowing me to add headers with more than 100 characters in length. Now I'm trying to add these response header rules using Azure Powershell. Azure Powershell commands are working fine in case of Microsoft standard CDN, however, when it comes to Verizon Premium CDN the Azure Powershell commands are not working. Is it a limitation with Azure Powershell ? Is there any other possible way around other than portal ?

viRa

Monday, March 23, 2020 6:10 AM

Answers

• I checked for REST API and unfortunately it is not available for the rule engine creation of Verizon. The only option as of now is to use the portal. Also provide feedback in Uservoice to get this feature in the future. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, March 23, 2020 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Can you share the commands/script that you are using along with the error message that you get ?

I will try to repro and share my analyses. 

If you are using any of the below commands, New-AzCdnDeliveryRuleNew=AzCdnDeliveryRuleCondition, and New-AzCdnDeliveryRuleAction

then it is not supported for Verizon profiles and only supported in the Microsoft profiles.

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, March 23, 2020 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. 

Yes, I was using these New-AzCdnDeliveryRuleNew=AzCdnDeliveryRuleCondition, and New-AzCdnDeliveryRuleAction commands only.

If these commands are not supported for Verizon profiles are there any other options to automate ? 

viRa

Monday, March 23, 2020 9:27 AM
  • I checked for REST API and unfortunately it is not available for the rule engine creation of Verizon. The only option as of now is to use the portal. Also provide feedback in Uservoice to get this feature in the future. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, March 23, 2020 10:48 AM