none
Azure sql DW development tool RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Viswa,

This functionality is currently in preview. Can you please see the following document: Getting started with Visual Studio 2019 for SQL Data Warehouse (link)

There is an email provided where you can reach out and provided feedback: sqldwssdtpreview

Please let us know if you have additional questions, or need further assistance. I am currently running VS 2017 and performing an update to 2019 and will see what the specific steps are.

The specific steps for connecting to an Azure SQL Data Warehouse are detailed here: Connect to SQL Data Warehouse with Visual Studio and SSDT (link)

There is no project per se, but SSDT does allow you to manage your SQL Server based projects.

Regards,

Mike

Monday, August 19, 2019 11:20 PM
  • Thanks Mike, Any idea when will this go live from preview.

I can definitely connect to Azure sql DW using Visual Studio , however my main requirement is around version controlling of all table scripts , getting a diff script for deployment and building and deploying scripts.

Do you have any links which describes how that can be done in the interim while the preview goes Live.

I need to manage and  monitor incremental deployments

Viswa

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Hi Viswa,

I do not have any additional information as to when this will become GA, as this information tends to be held close by the product group.

I do want to point out that the Redgate data tools are available for Visual Studio: Redgate Data Tools in Visual Studio 2017

Regards,

Mike

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:00 PM